Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Little and Big Things We Miss......

I have butterflies in my stomach as I pull up to our house.  We have been gone for 4 months, learning, growing, changing, and I am wondering how much we have missed our life in California?

 It's December in California and I am thrilled to still have roses blooming. I forgot how much I missed having greenery and flowers.

Faith left her baby bunnies in tears back in August....


Faith runs out of the car to see if her bunnies would remember her...


They have grown a bit.

Faith missed not having to wear shoes outside.


....and the beach.

"I missed shopping at Nordstroms....." a now taller 13 year old Cambrie says.

"and of course my friends..."

"I missed Eggo Toaster Waffles and Skittles," say Luke.


Luke also missed wearing sweatpants and his cell phone, and of course surfing with his friends.

Holden is already off with his friends and so I am choosing to put in the blog that he missed his truck
and Baby Marc.

"I missed all the animals, especially Ziggy," Ricky says


Ricky gets a warm welcome from the chickens.
Having a fresh perspective on home, the list went on and on with the many things that we missed about home. Before we went to Spain we took for granted so many things, like friendly english speaking waiters, having a car right in the driveway, fresh milk or hearing the sound of birds chirping in the yard.  We are surprized by all the little things we miss, but not surprized by biggest thing which of course is missing friends and family.


Christmas Day near my sisters house with family.

ox Andrea