Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Little Bit of Bragging

Some good friends of our invited us to go for a boat trip with them to the Exhuma Islands in the Bahamas.  After a month of rain, and mountains of laundry, the offer was too good to pass up.
We contacted our good friend Amanda from Malibu to see if she could come to Barcelona and handle the kids while Ricky and I rendevoued alone without them. The kids loved seeing a familiar face and the girls loved chillin with what Cambrie described as a "big sister".

It was a trek to get there via Paris, Atlanta, and Nausau before we actually got on the boat. The flights were over booked and Ricky and I sat separtely in the middle seats in "Monkey Class" (economy) as my friend here describes it.  On the flight 8 hours flight from Paris to Atlanta I had a big guy with sleep apnea who gurgled, snorted and tried to cough up flem on one side of me and other the other a cute 90 year lady whose son was spoon feeding her yoghurt and attending to her every need.  That sweetness between mother and son helped me be more compasionate to the snorter on my other side.  Ricky on the other hand had a chatter box on one side and a stranger snuggler on his other side who kept dosing off on his shoulder.  Needless to say when we finally arrived in the Bahamas were greeted by the Captain of our friends boat and wisked away in a black limo.


The next morning the crew had prepared a private beach for us, after watching 5 full seasons of Survior since Christmas with the kids, Ricky and I felt like we had won a reward challenge.
Paradise
It was hard not to take a bad picture...
I love this picture of my friend Eloise and I paddle boarding.  We spend hours on the calm ocean paddling around checking out little Islands and collecting shells.
One morning we woke up and our friend said he had a big surprise for us.  There is that word SURPRISE again.  
"You will never guess," he assured us.
He was right.  I could never have guessed that we would be swimming with PIGS.
Ricky gets brave and jumps right in.
 
Ricky holding a bag of apples gets chased. "Help," he yells.
Me on the other hand, who puts human emotions on everything including flowers.
"Hey little piggy, your babies are so super cute," I say.
This little stone house looks like it is smiling to me
We actually went on this boat trip with our friends last year and when the first meal was served, my super fit and healthy friend proudly announced that she specially requested all healthy food.  Lots of fish, vegatables, salad, no fat milk, no sugar and all organic snacks.  Everyone seemed excited, but me. My mind wandered back to my childhood, where the Easter Bunny brought raisens and book because it was much healthier than chocolate eggs, and pancakes were made with organic protien powder and goats milk. Halloween candy was confiscated immediately and traded for almonds or dates if we were really good.  Obviously this came from a position of love with my Mom and I admire her for her dedication in grinding her own wheat, growing spouts, and finding sugar free recipes with the help of the internet.  I am healthy and I have her to thank, but at 38 I am still at rebilous toward food that is too healthy.  I feel giddy when I eat a chocolate cupcake for breakfast, espcially infront of my Mom, I wonder if this streak of totally immature rebellion will ever end?
"Isn't there any candy on the boat?" I asked after the healthy food announcement?
"Not, now but we can pick some up when we dock in a couple of days," was the reply.
Fast forward to this year.....
"Andrea I specially requested junk food for you this year," my friend proudly said.
 
The first night everyone was served fish and salad and the chef made me...
Look alike peanut butter and jelly on white bread.  Yum.
My theory is that health is in mind and body and my mind is getting lots of nourishment waking up to this every morning...

I won't make you any more jealous with the beauty and the luxury of this vacation or how much fun Ricky and I had together being pampered including someone doing my laundry....
Awesome!
oxox Love Ricky and Andrea